Through Vanquis, we’re the leading provider of credit cards in our market. We promote financial inclusion by bringing credit cards to people who are typically declined by mainstream credit card providers, offering a range of card products across a broad range of price points to reflect consumers’ varied risk profiles.
We help people to establish or rebuild their credit histories and have been supporting customers since 2003.
I mainly spend on my card because it is just so convenient. I’ve got peace of mind, security on my purchases and it’s so easy to use.
Eric - Customer
earn an average of £30k, with a core spread of £20-£50k
are mostly between 46 and 65 years old
are work full time, part-time or are self employed
Our New Managing Director of Cards
The cards business has several key competitive advantages, which really attracted me to the role, including its strong capabilities across underwriting and collections, its robust capital and liquidity positions, and its fundamental understanding of its customers.”
Fiona Anderson, Managing Director of Cards
- Simple non-standard credit card and loans products with no prime offer, no teaser rates, no balance transfers, no reward programmes and no cashback offers.
- Close customer contact from the outset, with a welcome call and multiple forms of immediate communication in the event of any issues arising.
- Adopt a responsible and prudent ‘low and grow’ approach to extending small amounts of credit starting from £250, up to a maximum of £4,000.
- Specialisation and focus on non-standard credit cards and loans.
- Full deposit-taking PRA and FCA regulated bank.
- VISA card issuer status.
- Industry standard outsourced credit card systems.
- Over 10 years of direct experience in the UK non-standard credit card market since foundation.
- Management team with depth of experience in non-standard credit cards.
- World-class collections capabilities.
- Financial inclusion and rebuilding of credit history for 1.7 million credit card customers.
- Improving credit scores whilst providing access to small credit lines over an average of four years with Vanquis Bank.
- High levels of customer satisfaction.
- Stable risk-adjusted margins through the cycle.
- Strong growth from foundation in 2003 to 1.7 million customers as competitors struggled with appropriate models and access to funding.
- Good, safe returns for depositors.
Our customers value a Vanquis Bank credit card for a variety of reasons:
- It provides them with access to credit for the first time if they have a ‘thin’ credit history and no previous experience of taking out credit;
- They are seeking to rebuild their credit history after problems in the past;
- They value the inherent utility of a credit card, particularly accessing discounts and lower prices on the internet;
- Our customers often lack trust in high street banking, having been declined or experienced financial difficulty in the past with high street banks; and
- They value our high personal contact model.
While Vanquis Bank is a relatively new venture, we are comfortable in this market because of PFG’s long history of success in the non-standard credit industry as well as the experience and skills of the Vanquis Bank staff, many of whom have a background in serving non-standard customers.
I’m really grateful to Vanquis because they gave me a card when no one else would help me out. Since then I’ve been able to build up my credit rating by buying my everyday shopping on my card and paying it off the next month. The app is good as well because it sends me little reminders, so I don’t get behind or anything.
In the 3 years I’ve had the card, my rating has improved massively, they’ve increased my credit limit as I’ve used it too.
I mainly spend on my card because it is just so convenient. I’ve got peace of mind and security on my purchases and it’s so easy to use.