We’re experts in our market because we take the time to understand our customers.
We’re a specialist lender serving the one in five UK consumers let down or turned away by mainstream banks and loan companies. We understand that people find themselves in the non-standard market for a number of reasons:
- Life events, such as job losses or divorce
- New to credit so little or no credit history
- Looking to build or rebuild their credit rating
- Managing everyday life on low, average or irregular incomes with little or no savings
- Variable incomes, such as being self-employed or having several part-time jobs
- Value a more tailored product and service
Essentially, we serve a wide and varied customer base. The reasons our customers have for choosing us over other mainstream companies are equally varied. Some use our products for emergencies and are with us for a short time. Others make regular use of our services, either as part of their everyday lives or to rebuild their credit profiles with a view to moving back to into the mainstream.
In many cases, while they may be salaried and earning average incomes, our customers have individual circumstances that either aren’t compatible with mainstream lending or require a more tailored and sustainable approach to credit. These circumstances can also change over time, which means we need to be flexible if and when customers find themselves unable to afford their payments. As a Group of responsible lenders, we offer tailored forbearance, which means we do our best to work with customers, arrange repayment schedules that work for them and avoid unnecessary penalties.