Our strategic approach to CR
Acting responsibly and with integrity is a fundamental part of our overall strategy and is the bedrock of long-term value creation.
Our group CR strategy specifies that we will:
- Operate our core business of lending to our customers in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Act responsibly and sustainably in all our other stakeholder relationships.
The strategy underlines our commitment to:
- Put the needs of our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Create a working environment that is safe, inclusive and meritocratic
- Treat our suppliers fairly
- Support our communities
- Proactively engage with the investment community on sustainability matters
- Minimise the environmental impacts of our business.
Our CR strategy is supported by a balanced scorecard; a range of qualitative and quantitative metrics to help monitor our progress in delivering against the CR strategy. Two of the metrics from this scorecard – customer satisfaction and charitable contributions – are included in our Annual Report and Financial Statements.
Customer satisfaction of 93% for Provident home credit (2014: 93%), 88% for Vanquis Bank (2014: 84%) and 89% for Moneybarn in its first full year under the group’s ownership.