Vanquis Bank is the leading provider of credit cards to people in the non-standard credit market, promoting financial inclusion by bringing credit cards to people who are typically declined by mainstream credit card providers. In doing so, the business helps people to establish or rebuild a credit history and enables those in the non-standard credit market to share in modern buying methods such as online shopping, that can only really be achieved with card-based products.
How we do it
- Specialisation and focus on non-standard credit cards.
- Full deposit-taking PRA and FCA regulated bank.
- VISA card issuer status.
- Industry standard outsourced credit card systems.
- Over 10 years of direct experience in the UK non-standard credit card market since foundation.
- Management team with depth of experience in non-standard credit cards.
- World-class collections capabilities.
What we do
- Simple non-standard credit card products with no prime offer, no teaser rates, no balance transfers, no reward programmes and no cashback offers.
- Close customer contact from the outset, with a welcome call and multiple forms of immediate communication in the event of any issues arising.
- Adopt a responsible and prudent ‘low and grow’ approach to extending small amounts of credit starting from £250, up to a maximum of £4,000.
How value is created
- Financial inclusion and rebuilding of credit history for 1.6 million credit card customers.
- Improving credit scores whilst providing access to small credit lines over an average of four years with Vanquis Bank.
- High levels of customer satisfaction.
- Stable risk-adjusted margins through the cycle.
- Strong growth from foundation in 2003 to 1.5 million customers as competitors struggled with appropriate models and access to funding.
- Good, safe returns for depositors.
More about Vanquis Bank
Consumer credit regulation
As a result of holding a bank licence, Vanquis Bank is regulated by the PRA which sets requirements for Vanquis Bank as a solo entity relating to capital adequacy, liquidity and large exposures. Vanquis Bank is also regulated by the FCA for conduct purposes. The FCA regulates the entire financial services industry and uses a set of rules and principals to ensure that customers are fairly treated by providers.
Vanquis Bank is authorised and regulated by the FCA to operate its credit card business and must also comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) and the rules of the FCA. As with Provident home credit, compliance is monitored by the FCA and complaints can be dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service.