Notice for Shareholders
The Company has been advised of a number of calls being made to shareholders which could be scams.
The Company requests that if shareholders are suspicious, they should report it to the FCA on 0800 111 6768 or through www.fca.org.uk/scamsmart.
Fraudsters will often:
- contact you out of the blue
- apply pressure to invest quickly
- downplay the risks to your money
- promise tempting returns that sound too good to be true
- say that they’re only making the offer available to you or even ask you to not tell anyone else about it
To help avoid scams you should:
- Reject unexpected offers: scammers usually cold call, but contact can also come by email, post, word of mouth or at a seminar. If you’ve been offered an investment out of the blue, chances are it’s a high risk investment or a scam.
- Check the FCA Warning List: Use the FCA Warning List to check the risks of a potential investment – you can also search to see if the firm is known to be operating without FCA authorisation.
- Get impartial advice: Get impartial advice before investing – don’t use an adviser from the firm that contacted you.
For further information about scams and unsolicited investment advice, please visit https://www.fca.org.uk/scamsmart