Shareholder FAQs

Some of your shareholding questions answered.


Who are PFG’s advisors?

Visit IR contacts and advisors for a full list, including contact details, of all our advisors and brokers.

When is the next PFG Annual General Meeting?

Our AGM is usually held during May. Take a look at our financial calendar to find out the date of the next AGM. Full details will be given in the Notice of Annual General Meeting, which is sent to shareholders prior to the meeting.

Can I receive my AGM documents electronically?

Yes. In order to register to receive your documentation electronically, you will need to access our Registrars' website. You will need your shareholder reference number, which can be found on your share certificate or dividend tax voucher.

Visit electronic shareholder services for further information about other online services.

If I am unable to attend the AGM, can I appoint a proxy?

Yes, full details will be given in the Notice of Annual General Meeting, sent to shareowners prior to the meeting. There is also an online proxy voting service provided by our Registrars.

How can I receive a copy of an annual or interim report of financial statements?

Email us at with your contact details to receive a copy of  an annual or interim report of financial statements.

Where can I find presentations made to investors?

Visit our Results centre for an archive of presentations made to investors.

Where can I find Stock Exchange announcements?

Visit Regulatory news in our News section to get the latest regulatory news.

What is Provident Financial’s dividend policy?

We currently pay an interim dividend, which is declared in July, during November, with the final dividend for the year, which is declared in the following February and is payable in the following June. Our dividend policy is to grow dividends in line with earnings and consistent with a target dividend cover of at most 1.25 times.

When is the next dividend due?

Take a look at our financial calendar for further details.

Can I have my dividends paid directly into my bank or building society account?

Yes, dividends can be paid directly into your account. The tax voucher will be sent to your registered address. You will need to complete a Dividend Mandate Form. You can do this online using our electronic shareholder services.

I have not received my dividend cheque. What should I do?

Contact our Registrars who can check the payment details. To avoid this problem, you may wish to consider having your dividends paid directly into your bank or building society account. Further details are available above.

How do I obtain a duplicate dividend tax voucher?

Contact our Registrars, either in writing or by telephone, stating the date the dividend was paid, and a duplicate voucher will be supplied. A small charge is made for such requests.

What is the stock/ticker symbol for Provident Financial?

The symbol on the London Stock Exchange is PFG.

Where are Provident Financial’s shares listed?

The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange.

How do I buy/sell Provident Financial shares?

Provident Financial shares can be bought and sold through a stockbroker or share-dealing service.

Does Provident Financial offer an Individual Savings Account (ISA)?

Yes. Shareholders may take out an ISA which includes shares in the company with a provider of their choice. However, the company has made arrangements with Redmayne-Bentley for the provision of an ISA for its shareholders and employees. Shareholders who wish to take advantage of this should contact:

Redmayne-Bentley LLP
9 Bond Court
Leeds LS1 2JZ
Tel: +44 (0) 113 200 6433

Can I transfer all or some of my shares?

Yes. You will need to obtain a Stock Transfer Form from our Registrars, and return this to them, together with your share certificate, to arrange the transfer of ownership.

Where can I monitor the share price of Provident Financial?

The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange. For the latest share price visit the share price section.

Can you confirm the number of Provident Financial plc shares I hold?

If a simple confirmation of balance is required, a request can be made by telephone or fax to our Registrars. Requests for historical information must be made in writing.

I have changed my name. What do I do?

You should notify our Registrars in writing, enclosing a copy of your marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate or change of name deed together with your share certificate(s).

I have changed my address. How do I notify you?

You can do this online using our electronic shareholder services. Alternatively, contact our Registrars.

I have more than one account, arising from inconsistencies in my name and/or address. To avoid duplicate mailings, can I amalgamate these accounts?

Yes. You should notify our Registrars, in writing confirming that the different registration details relate to one and the same person, quoting both account details, and they will amalgamate the holdings.

I reported a share certificate missing but I have now found it. What should I do?

If you have already completed a letter of indemnity and returned it to our Registrars, the original share certificate is now invalid. Send the certificate to the Registrars to be cancelled. If you have not yet returned it, send the letter of indemnity back to the Registrars with a covering letter confirming that you have found the certificate and no longer require a replacement to be issued.

Who is the person that I contact if I have lost my share certificate or have a query about dividends?

Please contact our Registrars. This can be done either in writing or by telephone, so that a restriction can be placed on the holding in case of any attempted fraud. You will then be sent a letter of indemnity, which must be completed and returned to the Registrars so that a replacement certificate can be issued. A charge will be made for this service.

The shareholder has died. What do I do?

If the shareholder is the sole holder you must notify our Registrars, as soon as possible. A restriction will be placed on the holding to retain dividends until probate is registered. You will then be sent a 'Notification of Death' letter which explains what is required from the executor or administrator of the estate. If the shares are held in joint names, the account can be re-registered in the sole name of the other owner(s). Notify the Registrars in writing, enclosing the original share certificate and a photocopy of the death certificate, so that a replacement certificate can be issued in the new name(s).